Useful properties of tomato juice are caused by a rich vitamin-mineral composition. The juice of tomatoes contains vitamin A, B, C, E, PP, minerals: potassium, calcium, magnesium, chlorine, phosphorus, iron, sulfur, zinc, selenium, iodine, cobalt, chromium, manganese, molybdenum, nickel, rubidium, fluorine , boron, iodine, copper.
Homemade tomato juice for the winter: a recipe with bulgarian pepper
Tomato juice is one of the ways how it is possible to cook deliciously tomatoes for the winter. In addition to whole tomatoes, salads and vegetable ragas, offers you to roll tomato juice for the winter, the recipe of which contains Bulgarian pepper. It turns out very tasty and original.
Tomatoes are perfectly combined with pepper, which gives the tomato juice an unusual flavor and characteristic taste. And it seems that the tomato juice with this vegetable just fills you with a weighty portion of vitamins and sun. And if you still choose juicy ripe tomatoes and red bell pepper, then such homemade tomato juice for the winter will please its thick, saturated, hot, scarlet color.
In the proposed recipe for tomato juice for the winter, products for a 3-liter jar are indicated. You can at your discretion change the number of ingredients, observing the proportions, and adding more sugar, even make sweet tomato juice for the winter. A matter of taste.
Tomato juice without sterilization for the winter – ingredients:
- 4 kg of tomatoes,
- 600 g of bell pepper,
- 1 bay leaf,
- 3 peas of sweet pepper,
- 3 tbsp. spoons of sugar,
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons of salt.
Tomato juice for the winter – cooking:
- To make the tomato juice for the winter really rich and tasty, choose ripe and juicy tomatoes and fleshy red bell peppers. Vegetables wash, peeled and cut into large pieces.
- Pass the tomatoes and the Bulgarian pepper through the juicer, separating the juice from the cake. Vegetable juice pour into a large saucepan and put on fire.
- Spices wrap in a piece of gauze and pour into tomato juice during cooking. So spices will give away their aroma, but at the same time in tomato juice for the winter there will be no excess garbage.
- Bring tomato juice to a boil, add sugar and salt, stir, reduce fire and cook for 10-15 minutes. At the end, remove the bag of spices.
- Boil the vegetable juice in prepared sterilized jars and roll.
- Turn the jars upside down, wrap the blanket and leave it to cool.
- Keep tomato juice for the winter in a cool dark place.